Thursday, March 14, 2013


The Triangle
Drawing can be therapeutic. I first started drawing the triangle as a joke, a response to viewers seeing the worms i draw as phallic.  I was also searching for an icon that could represent  skiing, biking and hiking in The Rocky Mountains. Humor and icons were reason enough to continue drawing these adorable creatures, then i moved to a section of town referred to as The Southgate Triangle.
  My images have the power to make me laugh. Even when i am dealing with subject matter that is horrific, i look for ways to play with it. I have consciously chosen colors and icons that bring a smile to my face and when i have a confrontation with someone or something horrible, i can draw them, scribble on them, cut them up then use them as a phallic symbol.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment