Thursday, May 30, 2013


“scraps”......... an ongoing series
When i first moved to Missoula, 7 years ago, i rented a studio in The Ceretana Building on the north side of town. My studio was not well ventilated, so i decided to make the transition from oil painting on canvas, to works on paper. I started experimenting with graphite, crayons and printing processes. When i finished a series, i found there were often pieces i didn’t like as much as others. Rather than keeping pieces i was not fond of, i decided to use them as collage material. My studio quickly filled with "scraps". 
I am very interested in keeping my ecological footprint small, so i carefully collected all the scraps and put them in boxes and drawers. 
All the pieces created for “Small Works” are sewn, collaged and glued together scraps from past exhibitions. 






No comments:

Post a Comment