Tuesday, August 6, 2013



Edge-u-cation 
     I started this blog a couple of years ago to improve my writing skills. Sometimes i think i am improving, mostly i am getting use to spell check and eye rolling, lot and lots of eye rolling. I was in college, in my late twenties, when i learned i had learning disabilities. The nice people at, The College of Marin Disabled Students Programs and Services, set me up with a tutor and i was able to start working on learning strategies. I spent a year of my life trying the prescribed meds and decided I felt better without them. My writing skills and all those who excelled in language arts, would just have to suffer.
    The words I use in my pieces are mostly fragmented, misspelled words. They are often a mixture of upper and lower cases letters combining print and cursive. This is the way i wrote into my late twenties.





No comments:

Post a Comment