Thursday, May 23, 2013


   In two weeks i have a meeting with Steven Glueckert, the curator of, "The Missoula Art Museum". We will be discussing my 2014 solo exhibition. I am very excited about that.
  That same week,"small works", an art show i put together with 25 local artists, is opening. I invited some of my favorites from past shows and a few newbies. I still have a lot of work to do for this show..... labels, food, collect over 50 pieces, hang the show, pass out flyers, remind the press, post on community callanders. On Wednesday the 5th i will be on KBGA's "The Ann, Theresa and Ann Show" at 8:00 am. The pieces will start showing up at my house this Friday.
  "Small Works", opens at two venues - The Brunswick Gallery, 223 Railroad St and Le Petit Outre, 129 S 4th St. W. on First Friday June 7th. The Brunswick Gallery will be open First Friday from 5:30-9:30 and Wednesday June 12th 5:30 - 9:00pm with a gallery talk by Lady Pajama at 6:30. The small works at Le Petit Outre will be up through the month of June.
  All this is very exciting. I am still reeling from my two person show with Jennifer Combe last month. I'm glad i ignored all the the folks out there that think art is competitive and a waste of time. Some people believe that a persons chances of working as an artists, are slim to no good. I believe that hard work and dedication to anything you love, will produce positive results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment