Friday, March 29, 2013


The floor.....I am currently interested in making large scale pieces. I use the floor because it's the easiest way to work on something large in a small studio. In the photo above i am using my paper weights to flatten the paper so the water color drops will be even.



Sometimes the floor is the only place to put something down.



These pieces have not been cooperating. It is initially frustrating when a piece does not go the way i planned. While deciding how to proceed, i often look back on the wisdom of my instructors at Sonoma State University, who talked about a piece "having a mind of it's own". Sometimes i continue with the process and change direction. Sometimes i'll  cut it up for later use and sometimes i do some automatic drawing. Most times i do all three. So far i use more paper than i throw away. This makes me happy because i  hate being wasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment